- The EDL Group has an Empowerdex BBBEE ‘A’ Rating. EDUTRAC (Pty) Ltd is registering as a BBBEE Company.
- EDL, EDUTRAC and Workplace Operacy have been registered as legal trade-marks through Norton Rose (Denys Reitz)
- The EDL Foundation is an accredited provider with the UMALUSI and the ETDP SETA and pays Skill Levies to the ETDP SETA
- EDUTRAC (Pty) Ltd is an accredited provider with the Services SETA. MOU’s (Memorandum of Understanding) can be applied for with the relevant SETA’s where required.
- The EDL Group is registered with UMALUSI for Educational Institutions.
- NETSURIT our technology and connectivity support partner, ensures service and support. Also compliance regarding Microsoft components, licences and latest technology.
BASIC LEGISLATION REQUIREMENTS
The EDL GROUP meets all the legal requirements of a South African Company Acts. As a specialised Training / Education Provider we comply to the additional legal requirements expected in order to operate within the SAQA /SETA environment.
THE EDL GROUP (t/a) and the components that make up THE EDL GROUP, with all the registration legislation i.e. registration with SARS.
|EDUTRAC (Pty) LTD||1999/003118/07||L450741162||7450741162||U450741162||4760217390|
|EDL INVESTMENTS (Pty) LTD||1999/002402/07||L610741201||7610741201||U610741201||N/A|
|EDL FOUNDATION||1997/003926/08||L220732624||7220732624||U220732624||Section 21 non-profit|
In addition the THE EDL GROUP of companies applies annually for Tax Clearance Certificates. In 2002 the THE EDL GROUP applied successfully for TRADE MARK rights on our products initially with Denys Reitz (now Norton Rose). Trade Marks successfully registered are the following names:
- WORKPLACE OPERACY
THE EDL GROUP AS A LEGAL PROVIDER OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
An Education and Training Provider is legally required to be registered as a training Provider with a Primary SETA in order to trade using SAQA approved courses. Education and Training is governed by SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) which controls the National Qualifications Framework operational in Educational Situations and Workplace Situations represented by SETA’s with their respective ETQA’s( Education/Training Quality, Qualification Authorities ).
- THE EDL FOUNDATION is accredited as an ETDP SETA Provider.
- EDUTRAC (Pty) LTD is accredited as a SERVICES SETA Provider.
- MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) status with the SERSETA, W&R SETA, FOODBEV and THETA are in operation.
- UMALUSI Accreditation has been granted for AET (Workplace Operacy) and Life Skills. The EDL GROUP is an IEB Examination Centre.
BROAD BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT (BBBEE) AND EQUITY
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) and Employment Equity are legislated as South African Legal requirements for a Company since 1997/2003.
This law reflects the government’s approach, which is to situate black economic empowerment within the context of a broader national empowerment strategy, focused on historically disadvantaged people and particularly black people, women and youth.
THE EDL GROUP BBBEE AND EQUITY ACHIEVEMENTS
THE EDL GROUP driven by legislation and regulation, complies with the BBBEE Act 53 of 2003. The EDL GROUP has a balanced scorecard that measures the company’s empowerment progress successfully in four areas:
- Direct empowerment through ownership and control of enterprises and assets.
- Management at senior level.
- Human resource development and employment equity.
- Indirect empowerment through:
– Preferential procurement,
– Enterprise development, and
– Corporate social investment (a residual and open-ended category)
The EDL GROUP was awarded an ‘A’ Category rating by Empowerdex on 06 July 2011. EDUTRAC (Pty) Ltd is being registered as a BBBEE Company with black shareholding and ownership.