IMPLEMENT EDUTRAC MPower AS AN INTERVENTION TO ADDRESS JOB SKILL ADVANCEMENT AND PRODUCTIVE EMPLOYMENT BY:
- Advancing and improving Fundamental Skills (English Literacy, Mathematics Literacy and Computer Literacy), which underpin job skill learning and the lack of job progression in an operating work environment.
- Addressing Workplace Preparation Skills, Life Skills, Job Skills, Management Skills (Team Leading, Supervisory and Management Level 3 / 4 / 5 / 6), Small Medium Business Management and Leadership Skills, which are all workplace essentials.
Accessing the EDUTRAC MPower e-learning system which has been tried and tested in six companies resulting in performance improvement, job expectation delivery and enhanced performance management. In addition EDUTRAC MPower has been accessed by 5000 unemployed adults over ten years in the EDL FOUNDATION Training Centres, resulting in certification, SETA credits and Job Opportunities.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF EDUTRAC MPower
- Learning is occupationally-directed and improves performance.
- Learning is participative which makes a real difference.
- Learning entry and exit based on identified level of competence.
- Learning is part of a tailor-made solution based on need.
- Learning is easy to access, self-paced and manageable progressing through bite-size lessons.
- Learning allows for concurrent fundamental skill upgrade.
- Learning combines theoretical with practical application of job skills.
- Learning applications can be facilitator-directed in a blended Learning process.
- Learning is tracked, measured, monitored, assessed, recorded, reported on, step by step.
- Economic empowerment of people disadvantaged by the legacy of educational inequality.
- Address the job skill shortage, unemployment (30% to date) and skill shortages amongst the employed.
- A job skill-directed total learning system
- Can be used in Adult Learning Centres or as an on-site innovation taking limited job time-out.
- A system of learning programmes that can be company customised and relevant.
- An inexpensive installation including a management database and over 1000 lesson units.
- The learning system can be linked to job expectations.
- Practice and skill application becomes a real part of the learning process followed by assessment of skills learned.
- Facilitation and direction of the learning process can be outsourced by hiring of a facilitator one day a week.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills to create opportunities for SMME initiatives.