ABOUT THE PRODUCT
THE EDL BLENDED E-LEARNING EDUTRAC PROGRAMS ARE:
|1||EFFECTIVE, AFFORDABLE, ADAPTABLE AND EASY-TO-USE ON-LINE SYSTEMS.|
|2||DELIVERING INDIVIDUALISED, SELF-PACED, COMPETENCY-BASED INSTRUCTION.|
|3||FLEXIBLE, OPEN-ENTRY / OPEN-EXIT BASIS INTEGRATED WITH OTHER ACTIVITIES.|
|4||UTILISING MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES PLUS VARIED MATERIALS AND APPROACHES.|
|5||TRACKING LEARNER TIME AND PROGRESS WHILE GIVING POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT.|
WITH THE EDL BLENDED E-LEARNING EDUTRAC PROGRAMS YOU CAN:
|Learn and teach almost any basic, intermediate and advanced skill, stand alone or in any combination, with a consistent, efficient, easy to use, step-by-step process.|
|Access cost-effective instruction in schools, educational institutions ,for in job training, in workplaces, community centres and even home.|
|Establish a comprehensive or specialised learning center in a school, in a community, in a workplace, in a home using on-line access.|
|Serve diverse learners with widely ranging ability levels studying widely ranging skills at the same time.|
|Accelerate mastery of basic skills for learners of all ability levels so they can catch up, move ahead or move on.|
|Help learners who have failed in, have been failed by, or have been long away from regular schooling.|
|Link basic skills instruction with work, training and other education while focusing towards SAQA approval and advancement.|
|Harness the latest in educational and training technologies cost-effectively to meet the varying needs of learners.|
|Easily integrate other instructional resources and technologies, customise the learning material to meet the curriculum requirements , or develop new materials.|
|Plan, track and analyse each learner’s time and achievements, with the management system data base which is extensive.|
THE EDL BLENDED E-LEARNING EDUTRAC PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
EDUTRAC provides an instructional scope and sequence. “Bite-sized” lesson competencies are grouped into modules which are sequenced to form courses, grouped into basic, intermediate and advanced tiers of separate academic components.
There are 4641 lesson tests which measure mastery of each lesson and 2620 module tests determining competency. These tests are on-line and marked automatically. The test results assess which competencies have been mastered, and prescribe remediation where needed.
4641 lesson books address each specific competency. These matching activities and practice exercises provide application opportunities for the skill learners and remediation. Lessons are accessed on-line and have practice and activity exercises for each competency requirement.
Assignments reference specific sections in ‘Portfolios of Evidence’ which can be downloaded for SAQA submission.
The Management System automates record keeping and reporting, scheduling, customising and communication for facilitator / teachers. On the learner side it automates testing, progress tracking, multi-media material use, attendance, and assignments for learners.
|6||MULTI-MEDIA MATERIAL (CAPS)
Visually active covering specific competency information and dynamic application showing practical skill application.
|7||ON LINE HUB CENTRES
All software operates from a central hub which can be accessed by an on-line on site server which opens programs to learners on-site.
EDL BLENDED E-LEARNING SYSTEMS
EDUTRAC blended e-Learning Systems have been well researched and tried and tested over twenty years as learner-centred learning programs. They can make a difference to long term ongoing development in learners by providing short to medium term improvement results.
The blended e-learning methodology addresses skill needs on an individual basis in the context of various learning environments.
Equity of opportunity, education challenges and global technology developments need to be corner stones of the education and training initiatives in South Africa.
EDUTRAC Learning Systems focus on the process of learning in an ICT context.
The EDL Learning Systems EDUTRAC MPOWER, EDUTRAC XTRA and EDUTRAC STEPAHEAD have been designed and developed as ICT driven learning programs to meet the education challenges in South Africa in the following ways:
- Addressing the educational crisis using an ICT driven system and learning methodology.
- Providing the potential to simplify administration and assessment giving more time to support learners.
- Testing every step of the way to reinforce learning that may have taken place.
- Applying ICT skills to access, analyse, evaluate and communicate information.
- Using ICT’s for managing, administering, assessing, providing statistics, record keeping, reporting.
- Using ICT’s to create a simple to use, easy to access application that becomes part of a blended learning process using technology as one of the tools in the facilitator directed learning support process.
- Enabling the learner to start at their level of tested competence and emerge as a confident competent learner at a higher level in maths, science and english.
EDUTRAC can be accessed on-line at your site to meet the training / education needs specific to your situation for:
- Upgrading and/or enriching school learning (specifically Mathematics, Natural / Physical Sciences, Life Skills, Using Technology and English Reading / Writing for Understanding).
- Providing workplace preparation and job skills improving your knowledge base and practising and applying skills learned.
This new pathway to learning offers education and training that is tracked, assessed, approved and certificated. The learning material is easy to access.